Issue #5 is off to the printer!

/, The Possum/Issue #5 is off to the printer!

Issue #5 is off to the printer!

The Possum issue #5 cover image

Yesterday I sent all 40 pages (plus front, back and inside covers) to the printer!  It’s out of my hands now…….

Issue #5 will be debuting at the San Diego Comicon in July and should be available to order off my website as soon as I get back.  I’ll keep you posted on the details!

By |2018-05-25T03:50:27+00:00June 14th, 2011|news, The Possum|7 Comments

7 Comments

1. Javier Hernandez June 15, 2011 at 8:49 am - Reply

BAM!! There it is!

Congrats, Blair. Me and the millions of POSSUM fans will be awaiting our copies with much anticipation.

So, this is all great and all, but now you better get started on issue #6!!!

2. Blair Kitchen June 16, 2011 at 9:05 pm - Reply

Ha. I actually took the day yesterday and sat out side with my sketchbook and started plotting out issue #6 and tried to plug some major holes in the story. Hopefully I’ll start drawing pages soon! (believe me…… I want it finished as much as you do!)

3. jamie June 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm - Reply

Blair! I cannot WAIT to see this! Are you ever gonna put out a COLLECTION? I know you are a floppy comics man but a square-bound POSSUM collections uer would be nice…

4. Blair Kitchen June 20, 2011 at 11:22 am - Reply

Hey Jamie!

I’ll eventually collect them as a trade, but I’m not sure when. Artistically, I’d like to finish the bigger story arc that I’m working on, but if it means getting The Possum into Diamond, I may be persuaded to do something earlier. Now that I have 5 issues done, it seems like an OK number, but I’d like to hold off a little bit.

5. jamie June 21, 2011 at 10:47 am - Reply

cool. I hear you. How many issue will it take to put this story arc to bed?

6. Blair Kitchen June 21, 2011 at 12:02 pm - Reply

I’m not really too sure how many issues I’d need. Basically the story arc involves Steve Tacola, and I could wrap it up in 2 or 3 issues, or I could keep it going for a bit. Originally I though issue 15 would be a good number of issues, but I’m thinking I’ll aim for issue 9 or 10…… I want to weave it in and out of the comics, kind of how Stan Lee used to do it with Spider-Man, so each issue will have it’s own story, but the soap opera bits will be sprinkled in each issue, until the soap opera bits become the main story. We’ll see what happens. (hopefully I’ll find a way to speed up my comic making, so each issue isn’t a year apart from the other. That way it won’t seem so long).

7. Rob Wuest June 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm - Reply

Looks great, Blair! I look forward to seeing you, your comic, your brother and your brother’s comic in San Diego next month. My table is K-2.

This will be my first SDCC in Small Press, so I’ll be learning the ropes from you and Mike!

I’m looking forward to a great time!!!

Rob