Here is another page, broken down from thumbnails to the final page. This one has dialogue, so as you can see, planning it was a bit more messy.

Again, the pencils were done on the train into work. I made up a new panel that wasn’t thumbnailed as I was pencilling to fill some space. (the middle right panel). I find it hard to plan everything out in the thumbnail stage. It is more of a jumping off point for me (just getting something down to have a visual start). Once I start pencilling in the actual page, I get a much better feel for what I can and can’t fit into a page. I can feel if the panels are flowing or reading much better.

Inked and ready for tones.

The final page, as it appears in the comic. Tones done in photoshop.