Superhero Movie screen grabs

/, photos, press, The Possum/Superhero Movie screen grabs

Superhero Movie screen grabs

Back in November 2007, My brother Mike and I were flown down to LA, to be part of ‘Hero Con” – a fake comic convention for the “Superhero Movie”, which was released in 2008.  The Possum Press archives finally obtained a copy of the movie, after unsuccessfully waiting more than half a year to find it in a bargain bin for under 5 dollars.  Instead I broke down and ordered it used off of Amazon for 8 bucks (which included shipping).  Saddly, we missed out on an Oscar last year for “Best Extra”, but at least Spy Guy and The Possum had a couple close ups in the film.  Get your magnifying glasses out, and see how many times you can spot the shmuck in the purple Possum T shirt (A.K.A. me), and the bald guy in the black Ultraist T shirt (A.K.A. Mike)!

You can read earlier posts about our trip to LA here, and here.

By |2018-05-25T03:50:48+00:00April 25th, 2009|convention pics, photos, press, The Possum|10 Comments

10 Comments

1. gdaybloke April 25, 2009 at 5:30 pm - Reply

Studs. The pair of you. Studs.

2. Blair Kitchen April 25, 2009 at 5:37 pm - Reply

Damn right we are. (regardless of what anyone else may have heard to the contrary).

3. Javier Hernandez April 27, 2009 at 10:48 pm - Reply

I saw this motion picture classic in the cinema strictly to see Los Hermanos Kitchen! Fact is, I missed you guys completely! Glad to see these screen captures. What acting, what pathos you two put in your work! It’s like seeing Laurence Olivier and Robert DeNiro in the same flick!! I actually had to ask to cameo in my own movie…You two were specifically contacted by the studio. I am humbled, sir……

4. warren April 29, 2009 at 10:23 am - Reply

I’m sorry, you were in there? I only saw a blonde with a great rack.

Oh wait. Let me look again.

Nope sorry. Dinnae see you.

(Nice job on getting in there!)

5. Blair Kitchen April 29, 2009 at 10:48 am - Reply

Javier: You must’ve blinked when you saw it in the theatre. We were paid by our screentime, so I think .08 seconds was all that they could afford.

I think they got our names from the Alternative Press Expo. A.P.E. = desperate self publishers that are cheap to use. They originally asked us if they could use our comic displays, but I managed to sweet talk them into a flight to LA and $8.50 an hour as extras! Actually, it cost almost the same amount of money to Fed Ex all of our stuff to LA, as it did for us to buy a ticket for a flight and just take all of our stuff with us as luggage. Our signs almost didn’t make it though, because they were too big, and they were going to charge us over $100 bucks to bring them. Luckily we were able to outsmart the x-ray machines, so that they fit through them and we were able to take them as carry on items, without destroying the signs too much.

I think that’s how all the big movie stars travel to their shoots. Picture Natalie Portman arguing with the TSA, because they won’t let her take her oversized Princess Amedala wig on the plane.

Warren: I wanted to play the blonde in the dress, but they wouldn’t let me. Everyone is so sexist in Hollywood.

6. Hobo Divine May 1, 2009 at 2:45 am - Reply

That is crazy! Wow it looked like a big budget sorry to hear that it didn’t do too well.
    Love those crazy drawings you did for you fans!

WHERE’s MINE?!

7. ken May 1, 2009 at 5:34 pm - Reply

hey blair,

i chatted with a guy i know at comichunter in moncton about your comic and i showed issue 1 and 2 to him and he seemed open to selling your comics at his store…the guy name is remi…cool guy….anyways
    he said to email him to work out the details…

thecomichunter@gmail.com
    anyways
    good luck

ps there are a few other shops around ill try to get to those if i can….

8. Suzanne May 19, 2009 at 9:22 am - Reply

Great screen caps!
    I particularly like the one of the action that happens right in front of your stand-up Possum–he looks like he’s right in it *grin*.
    Fun experience !
    Cheers
    Suzanne.

9. Ron July 16, 2009 at 10:44 am - Reply

That’s amazing!
    I didn’t see the movie, but still, you made it on FILM!

10. Blair Kitchen July 16, 2009 at 12:12 pm - Reply

I’m kind of mad that there’s no Oscar for best extra in a bad superhero spoof movie. I would have won that one for sure……. although there was a guy in a chicken suit that would have given me a run for my money.